Friday, June 23, 2017

As if it were a meadow









Delphiniums in bloom… My mind raced quickly back to images of my grand 
mother’s garden. Their spectacle triggered sweet, old-fashioned memories 
and sparked a nostalgic and fragrant flash-back. Long time ago...
Even if I don’t carry strong visual images from my childhood, there are 
pictures stuck in my head. Like this one; a whitewashed wall, a lace curtain
blowing through the open window with in front a mass of pink and purple 
larkspurs swaying to and fro. Ι was a little girl but so much enthralled by 
the soft mix of their pastel hues. My granny’s home…… 
A humble one, with a wonderful grape arbour in the yard. 
On hot summer days, family and visitors used to sit in its shade while 
sunlight was filtering through a haze of green leaves. 
As time marches on, memories become treasures in the heart and soothe the soul.  







Took a visit to a friend. Her front yard is always such a rewarding place
 to be in, full of change and excitement. I feel like re-experiencing my visits 
to granny. A space completely transformed since my last visit. 
A meadow-like garden. Not that sophisticated one, just simple and 
peaceful like the moments someone shares, ensconced in its beautiful 
nests. Seeking for some fun and frolic, two or three cats came around. 
Spent the afternoon on a light note. 
Timely moments, where loveliness transcends the mundane things 
of an ordinary life. 








I’ve taken several steps back here in blogland; the frequency of posting, 
the absence of commenting. Ιt’ s not only the lack of time. 
After four years and a half, I am wondering what really blogging 
signifies for me. Do I need compliments? 
Can I sincerely express what I’m feeling? 
It all has become a bit blurred. 
Besides, there is nothing to promote, or to advertise. 
A simple heart, sometimes naïve, always spontaneous, I'm struggling
to hear the feelings of so many different people behind 
their words and photos.
I think I knew some of them. I’m enriched from this experience. 
Flipping through your pages has taken me on a thriving journey. 
I’m grateful. 
But, 
other dear bloggers aren’t so active either; even worse, some of them took their 
site down. There are days my blog list seems so empty …  I need to take my time. 
Just to slow down but not to disappear. Not yet. I have to be sure of my decisions.
It’s because photographs still have the incredible power to make me 
feel excited. 
Hope that capturing and preserving life’s sweetest moments will help me 
to be more pumped in the future. Always looking on the bright side of life.
Here, in my private space
If you would still like to join me, you are more than welcome!





Happy summer days everyone!
O

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...