Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The first plunge











On Pentecost week end we have launched the summer 
season by an all day visit to the beach.
You will not believe it but after coming back home and getting 
a glimpse of my photos, I realized how beautiful our beach 
is and how habit can alter and distort the image that we have 
from our reality. I mean that we are accustomed to the sea 
view and as personally I am not a big lover of the sea, I usually 
don’t give a damn! Nevertheless, observing the beach through 
the pictures, I was thrilled to see so much beauty! 








This is not Myconos or another tourist area but “my” beach 
all along the Corinthian gulf, a breath from home.







 Approaching the cost, the damp smell of saltwater and the
 aroma of the summer sea breeze permeated the air. 
The unsettled weather didn’t disturb us in any case and 
a brave soul has had her first plunge!  






The first jump into water, the aperitif, lunch and coffee 
took place in three different bistros but all photos have 
been taken in the same coastline, the same day. 







And later we were very lucky to witness an astonishing 
sunset and followed the sun’s path to the sea. Various 
colours blended as the time went by and we finished our 
day relaxed and satisfied with what summer 
has to offer ahead. 






I perhaps should reconsider my opinion about 
the charm of the sea.




“I felt once more how simple and frugal a thing is happiness: 
a glass of wine, a roast chestnut, a wretched little brazier, 
the sound of the sea. Nothing else.” 
 
Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek




Hope you also enjoy warm, golden days.
Sending love 

O







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...