Sunday, February 5, 2017

The home in the country






Settled back into our usual routine and normality, we resumed our 
visits to our second home. Way out in the sunny land of citrus trees, 
in the home, I like so much to photograph as light is spilling so 
seamlessly here and there. 
Join the peacefulness and the beauty of our quaint retreat, 
stepping into the yard, feeling free to unwind, clear the
 head, sharing feelings, laughter, food in intimacy. 





For this home, nestled among orange and lemon groves, I wanted
get inspiration by the moods of nature surrounding it. Without any
 current trend in mind, I have been striving to mix and match 
what we have found in this home, family heirlooms and items 
with new and time-worn findings in a carefree style.
I have taken cues from a medley of colours 
with the desire to bring nature indoors.  
That being said, there are times when I don’t recognise myself 
inasmuch as my choices overcome my initial inspiration and I think
 I went overboard with my cluttered kitchen so to speak. 
But even with guests, this home never tires us, so easy-living it is. 
A space we can feel at home in. 









Cooking and eating are big parts of our time at the vacation home. 
I personally thrive in the kitchen whether we are entertaining 
guests or feeding the family. 




Here, the essence of cooking is simplicity.




Despite what you see in the photos, this year, we are experiencing
 winter in all its intensity so far, with snowfalls, frosty roads 
and winds blowing wild and free through the trees. 
I personally marvel at that weather which 
greeted our coastal area with unexpected  phenomena.
It was an interesting sight, olive and orange tree branches with
leaves on them, heavy with so much snow. All the roof tops were 
white, and the snow was so thick in the garden! Rare and 
crazy but so beautiful!


However, I can’t wait for spring to come. So keen to feel nature
 in person, feel the earth in my hands and the sun on my face, 
be closer to the land and its magic. Routine accustoms us to be
 sedentary and I’m really happy when it comes to giving it all up 
and finding me here. 


My new bag from The Linen GardenThank you Vicky!


 I'm eagerly waiting for spring to warm and wake nature from 
its sleep. Still way too chilly and wet to be working out in the 
yard but I’m often observing the bare garden beds to spot 
signs of spring, bulbs popped up and all beautiful promises.


In the meanwhile, we take pleasure in the smell of burning 
wood until nature comes to life.
How is the new year treating you so far? 
Sending out a hug to all of you 
O

30 comments:

  1. I love all of your "clutter" and I love all of the different colors and I love how you feel about your Vacation Home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh first Poppy's blog from Crete came up and that was followed by yours in my reading list today. Can't tell you how eager we are to return to our home there. You've done a lovely job capturing the colors and light and love that fills your country home! Hugs to you, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olympia, your second home is so charming with all the eclectic treasures and Pink walls. Those Purple flowers are so pretty. And I love that Pink tea pot.

    I'd like a slice of that pie now. ;)

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fire place! And your kitchen looks so cosy! Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your bright happy kitchen things! They look so pretty. Stay warm in the cold and keep enjoying lovely log fires!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs to you, Olympia
    Your kitchen is lovely.
    The year here is moving along quickly. This week is time to make Valentines. I think of snow now as a sheer curtain making spring appear a little gauzy, but there none the less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I've just been on a little holiday, visiting your country house. It looks like such a happy place, Olympia. I'd be content to live there all the time. I hope your days there are full of joy.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your photos and their color and how crisp and clear they are. Your home looks happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts always gladden my heart, Olympia. The colour, warmth and richness of your images and words are so uplifting. Thank you for sharing this lovely glimpse of your life here. Will the olive and orange trees be harmed by the snow, I wonder? It has been cold here, we had a tiny amount of snow about a month ago, but today there is a definite change; birds are singing, there is warmth in the sun and I can feel spring in the air. Keep warm, Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your second home is delightful Olympia. I adore the bright colors and patterns you have blended so seamlessly, and that pie belongs on the cover of Cook magazine.

    As for me, we are now in florida enjoying the sun and surf!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for spring.......than it is puppy time yeah !...last saterday she is born...8 weeks to go......love love love Ria x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your country home looks bright and happy, Olympia! It's so nice to see all the beautiful colors and pretty things you have gathered to make this little house a home. I can just imagine how relaxing it is to fluff the pretty pillows and make a delicious meal in your charming kitchen while you patiently wait for spring. Lovely to see all the blooms, too. I am dreaming of spring. We woke up to an unexpected 2 ft. of snow this morning and it is still snowing. We are inside by the fire, cozy and warm with two lazy dogs by our side after a romp in the snow. It is very beautiful, but I long for my gardens. Sending hugs and best wishes xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful place filled with lively colors , and those pink walls are an adorable base for all the inventory. A place where 'politically correct' and 'shabby chic' is banned, it oozes 'hygge' just love it !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tes photos me réchauffent le coeur en cette nouvelle journée de pluie!
    Tu nous montres la beauté dans sa simplicité et tu nous invites à regarder autour de nous différemment.
    J'aime beaucoup l'angle de tes prises de vue souvent très original.
    Merci pour ce bon moment passé grâce à ton billet.
    Bises et bonne journée!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dag lieve Olympia,

    Prachtige serie foto's die zo scherp en kleurig zijn dat het lijkt of ik echt in je vakantiehuis ben.
    Kan me voorstellen hoe jij samen met je familie en vrienden met volle teugen geniet in deze knusse omgeving in afwachting van het prille voorjaar.

    Heb een fijne en zorgeloze tijd daar!!!

    Liefs ♥♥♥ Ger

    ReplyDelete
  16. It must be lovely to have a country home and gives you a chance to appreciate the charms of both your homes. It already looks like spring there compared with here! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and bright colours all around your country home, Olympia, and that sunlight - it seems that spring has sprung in your area! Your pretty pics are a lovely prelude to the next season! Enjoy your time in your charming second home.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can also not wait for spring, I hope the next season will coming soon!

    But today we had snowfall in our country, so I think we still have to wait for a while.

    Sending hugs, Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a bright and pretty post, Olympia, spring will be here before we know it.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely happy sunny post Olympia ! a ray of sunshine for us on a cold winter day thankyou ! your cottage is a perfect retreat...have a lovely weekend...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello dear Olympia, well your home looks so inviting and summery with all those colours, it is hard to imagine you are still getting snow fall. That crackling fire looks so inviting, I can imagine you all warm around the fireplace enjoying the company of friends and family. I too cannot wait for warmer weather and to be able to plant a few seeds I have bought. Have a lovely weekend. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I read your lovely post with happiness! Beautiful pictures too...
    Have a great sunday!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such wonderful photographs.
    Your home looks so welcoming ... just right to enjoy family and friends company.

    All too soon Spring will be here. It is one of my favourite seasons, but my, the weeks do seem to pass by so quickly.

    Take Care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Snow on the fruit trees ! that's amazing. I hope Spring is well on the way now for you. I love the look of the chocolate pastilles with crystallised fruit. I have done something similar but mine didn't come out so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh what a treat finding your blog. Beauty in its simplicity. Colour on colour.
    Love it so.
    Thank you
    Alexa-asimplelife visiting from Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! What a joy to find your kind comment on my blog!

      Delete
  26. It is so beautiful, the colors and shapes together.
    Hug Zara

    ReplyDelete
  27. A home in the country is a very beautiful thing...

    I wish you a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, the orange tree! How lovely to have that in the garden! Beautiful pictures from your beautiful home too...
    Have a happy week, take care!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loved seeing all the beautiful colour of your home in the country! Such a cheerful and uplifting place to see. I especially loved the picture of the citrus trees in fruit...that is so exotic to us! Thank you for sharing these beautiful images dear Olympia. Happy weekend!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...