Thursday, June 13, 2013

My father's natal village






Οn the road to Korfos…




Two years have passed since my last visit 
to this magnificent place, Korfos.











In Greek ”Korfos” means “bosom” and that is because 
the village is guarded and  sheltered from the 
winds and bad weather and the sea resembles a lake.










For the novice visitor the approach of the village 
is breathtaking because suddenly, at the turn 
of the road which passes pine-covered mountains 
and rocky hillsides, the sea appears in front of you 
in a very spectacular way.  















The purpose of the visit can not be other than 
contact with unspoiled nature and fresh seafood! 




Korfos is a small fishing village and the birthplace of my father.
It’s located on the coast of a bay of the Saronic Gulf.  




I’m attached to this small port town that reminds me 
of my childhood and my loved ones. 
This land is really soaked in memories 
so I deeply enjoyed our Sunday’s  excursion there...














The beaches are beautiful but they aren’t sandy and 
there are urchins at the bottom of the sea and on the rocks.
 Diving or snorkeling sound better.














The veranda of the tavern where we had lunch 




and the interior…









More fresh than this?








The animal is in the right place, I think!













Some people rent sailing boats and discover the area in another way.










All good things come to the end so quickly…






Several years ago, on the 13 of June, 
my father passed away and this post 
is dedicated to his memory.


 

                                                   Bye for now!
                                                           O




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...