Friday, March 28, 2014

March 25th








Α belated tribute to Greek Independence day 
celebrated on March 25th.
A National double holiday as we commemorate the start 
of the War in 1821 when Greece was still a part of the 
Ottoman Empire and the Annunciation to the Virgin Mary.





The wreath laying ceremony preceded the school
 parade and had taken place in the courtyard of 
St.Paul’s Cathedral. 









Watching my little girl dressed in a colorful 
traditional costume, filled me with joy and enthusiasm! 
I shared her momentum and impatience 
before the celebrations. 







In little towns like ours, we celebrate this day with 
school parades and all kinds of festivities. 
Personally, I’m not a fanatic of parades, I can't say 
that I like them but watching all these schoolchildren 
of all ages holding the Greek flag and marching proudly 
down the central avenue of the town, made my heart 
beat a little faster!







So funny applauding the nippers wearing 
 traditional costumes!!!













And a delicious traditional meal at my brother’s house. 
Salt cod fish, batter-fried and accompanied 
 by a tangy garlic dip, absolutely delicious.
This custom has to do with the lent before Easter.



It was a glorious day for the kids and the parents as well.
Thank you for visiting me, 
a very busy time for me now but I’ll be back soon!
Love, 
O
Linking with "La Pouyette" and my dear friend Karin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...