Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmassy Paris


























“If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, 
then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you,
for Paris is a moveable feast.” 
Ernest Hemingway










 I was a teenager when I visited Paris for the first time. 
My father had allowed me to stay with my pen friend 
Beatrice in Maule, in the vicinity of Versailles.
Since then and after several visits, the city continues to 
keep its magic in my eyes and looks well-nigh unchanged 
with one difference ; 
every single monument, museum, square, shop, 
brasserie is crowded with Asian people. 
Very sympathetic people but innumerable. 
For the inexperienced tourist, Paris is the city of patience! 
B u t,
the lights glint and shine through the snowy rain,
the bateaux-mouche pass by, music and revelry are in the air. 
Children glide on ice-rinks, Disneyland remains a fairytale, 
mannequins pose in -4C…, lovers are kissed and 
fill the bridge’s iron bars with their locks,
charm, 
elegance, 
fragrances
French gastronomy 
and every account of life in this city has its special poignancy…








 


































No time for long stories now, I wish you a 
sparkling New Year, 
I’m off my computer but I will catch up
soon with all of you. 
T h a n k  y o u
for your kind visits, friendship, generosity. 
You give purpose in this humble cyber corner.
Sending love, much love!
O


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...