Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Up the hill




For a short escape from the town, my husband and I visited 
the Acrocorinthos hill, surrounding the ruins of Ancient Corinth
The site is reachable by following a track past the entrance 
of the ancient city. The old road brings you gradually uphill; 
it’s about an hour-long uphill walk. 





I can tell you that it worth every effort especially on a warm and 
balmy day like this. Unfortunately, we chose the car as I'm not so 
athletic nowadays and didn't have so much time to spend. However,
 we enjoyed a wonderful uphill stroll in the huge area crowned by the 
extensive castle ruins and complex fortifications. The views are 
astounding and very impressive as you can look over the whole
bay of Corinth and the Aegean stretching out beyond.







I was there not so much for the view but for the explosion of
 wildflowers that make my heart beat harder. Countless colored, 
tender flowers whose names escape me, swayed in the spring breeze.
 I always feel at fever pitch when I have to eternize their ethereal 
existence and catch the moment of their short lives
through my lens. 








How exciting is my new challenge, how impatiently I go home to 
download my stuff and observe the results!
Just an amateur, learning the craft...

"Little things seem nothing, but they give peace, 
like those meadow flowers which individually seem 
odorless but all together perfume the air."
A hug!
O






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...